Pages

Friday 23 September 2016

Priyanka Chopra's First-Ever Acting Audition Was for 'Quantico'

Advertisement Banner




Priyanka Chopra had never auditioned for any acting gigs until "Quantico," even though she's been in more than 50 movies.

“It’s a really funny story,” Chopra, 34, said on “Good Morning America” today. “Yes it was. I guess that’s how it’s done here. Because I ended up being Miss World, I’m just casually putting that out there, in 2000, so people kind of knew who I was and [I] was cast in movies because it made sense. And then I just ended up doing a lot of them because I guess I was decent at my job.”


But because auditioning was such a new experience for Chopra, she admits it was quite nerve-wracking.

“When I picked ‘Quantico’ as a script, I had to meet them and they had to meet me and I had to do a reading. I had never been in a stare-out room with seven people sitting there and had to perform. It was such a weird thing for an actor to do. I mean, I can make a complete idiot out of myself in front of 80,000 people on stage, but that is a moment which is like, my hands are getting sweaty thinking about it.”

“So I talked to myself, completely cliché, in the bathroom before and said, ‘You’ve done 50 movies. What’s wrong with you?’ And I went in there, did my thing, and I got the job,’” she added.

Advertisement Banner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blogger Widget