Pages

Saturday 17 December 2016

Health Corner: CS and normal delivery

Advertisement Banner



Question:


I had Caesarean section two years ago due to breech presentation. I am currently thirty nine weeks pregnant. Initially my doctor told me I could deliver by myself but two days ago after scanning and the weight was 3.8kg. He is insisting on Caesarean section. Can I not deliver by myself? Is it true if I have this Caesarean section I cannot deliver by myself again?

Answer:

Women must realize that the mode of delivery is immaterial the most important thing is a healthy baby and a healthy mother. After a previous Caesarean section and the fetal weight is above 3.5kg we discourage vaginal birth after Caesarean section. This is because of the risk of uterine rupture. In this case the estimated fetal weight is 3.8kg which could be slightly less or more. It is not advisable to try vaginal delivery.

Also after two, caesarean section subsequent deliveries are usually by same route.

Advertisement Banner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blogger Widget