Pages

Sunday 25 December 2016

Committing suicide was heavily on my mind – Eboue

Advertisement Banner


Former Arsenal player Emmanuel Eboue

Former Arsenal player Emmanuel Eboue has admitted that his struggle to cope with his year-long ban from football has driven him to consider suicide.

The Ivory Coast international is serving a one-year suspension from football imposed by FIFA as part of a dispute with an agent over an unpaid debt.

Eboue’s contract at Sunderland was cancelled after FIFA awarded in favour of Sebastien Boisseau, who claims he is owed a fee reportedly close to £1million for his part in the defender’s transfer to Galatasaray from Arsenal in 2011.

“There are a lot of days when I don’t feel like getting out of bed,” he told The Daily Telegraph. “One day I wanted to kill myself. My family keep me strong, it’s them that I have to think about but if I was alone, I worry about what I’d have done to myself by now.

Advertisement Banner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blogger Widget