Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Mum Still Thinks I'm A V!rgin

Advertisement Banner


An immensely confident debut sets a strong foundation for the future
My mum still thinks that I'm a virgin. I overhead her while she was advising my younger one in her bedroom. If only I could reverse time...

Here's my story and a very brief history that should give you a picture of the kind of family I come from.

I come from a christian home with very religious parents, I'm the 3rd out of 4 children. My dad (he's late now) was a serious member of the "die by fire" group of worshipers, and my mum, a children teacher in a famous Bible believing church. We were all brought up to fear God, and to live by example. I remember doing evangelical exercises with my friend back then in secondary school during the break period. I even preached in the bus on my way to school. I kept distance with the girls, and will not socialize much so as to avoid temptation. They complained I was too shy, and during camp meeting in school then, when boys and girls begin to mingle, I was either on my own or with my close friend discussing the bible. People will tell my parents that I was the pastor in our family and things like that. I too loved it, and I can remember dreaming and telling myself that I was going to get married being a virgin.

An immensely confident debut sets a strong foundation for the future
But things changed, so fast than I could imagine in that aspect. I'm still a quiet good guy (if I'm to access myself), I've learnt to socialize a little, but guess what; I'm no longer a virgin. I lost it 8 months after I graduated from secondary school. Worst still, I did it with someone 4 years older than my elder sister (our 1st born). I was 16+, she was 23. She lured me to her house that day and took my innocence. Not as if I didn't know something wasn't going to happen, at least I suspected it. Prior to that incident, she was always being nice to me whenever we cross paths..
---------------------------------------

Okay, now I'm in my early 20's. I traveled home from school for the Xmas break and one of the days I was going to get something from my mum's bedroom, when I overheard my mum advising with my younger sibling who is yet to enter the higher institution about associating with the opposite s*x. She was using me and the others as point of reference that we are all well spoken off outside and are still virgins.
VIRGINS undecided undecided angry embarassed? Well.. I don't know about my elder sis and my elder brother, but me, a virgin? I felt like I've let her down. I just tiptoed to my bedroom and began to reflect on myself. I'm not a player, but besides that girl who broke my virginity I have had a few more affairs, all are my seniors with significant age difference except for my present girlfriend who's just 6 months older.

I can't tell my mum I'm not a virgin, she'll feel terribly bad..And it's not Nigerian to discuss relationship matters with your parents, religious once for that matter. I have a few friends and they all think the same. Some say I'm shy, I act like slow poison, I pretend, I'm a pastor, I'm a nerd and jibes like that. But I've done things crazy things, I'm no more the guy who always dreamt of getting married a virgin and now I don't pray to marry a virgin either, I don't even deserve one. I think virgins should get married to virgins, IMO.

No much regrets though, but if I could reverse time, I'll not loose my virginity at 16 (it doesn't show I was breed from a God fearing family), I will loose it now, at least I'm way older than then.


Advertisement Banner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blogger Widget