Pages

Thursday 19 November 2015

This Muslim Woman Donates $1 For Every Hate Tweet She Receives To UNICEF

Advertisement Banner


Meet Susan Carland, a proud Muslim woman who is taking on her haters in the best possible way.
As a Muslim woman who was born a Christian, Susan Carland gets quite a lot of hateful messages from ant-Islamic bigots. After trying different ways to fight them, she came up with the best idea of all – she would turn their hate into something positive by donating $1 to UNICEF for every hate tweet she received.


Carland, is a sociologist with a PhD at Melbourne’s Monash University, converted to Islam when she was 19. She is now 34. “I’d tried blocking, muting, engaging and ignoring, but none of them felt like I was embodying the Quranic injunction of driving off darkness with light,” she writes on The Age. “I felt I should be actively generating good in the world for every ugly verbal bullet sent my way. And so the idea of donating $1 to UNICEF for every hate-filled tweet I received came to me.”

More info: Twitter (h/t: theage)



Advertisement Banner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blogger Widget