Pages

Thursday 24 November 2016

Former Miss Ghana Naa Okailey now a Dental Surgeon

Advertisement Banner


Former Miss Ghana Naa Okailey now a Dental Surgeon

It will be apt to call it beauty with brains as Carranzer Naa Okailey Shooter, Miss Ghana 2012 and Miss World Africa 2013 graduated last Friday from the University of Ghana as a Dental Surgeon.

It was all excitement as family and friends joined the graduates at the Great Hall of the University of Ghana, Legon where the congregation took place.

Showbiz caught up with the beauty queen yesterday to have a little chat with her and she was full of gratitude to God for seeing her through, “If you ask me how I made it combining my role as a beauty queen and a medical student, I would just say it was God.”

“I deferred my course for a year and made up my mind not to look back once I went back to school, I had to make new friends because I had joined a junior class. I surmounted all that and here we are today,” she said.

Former Miss Ghana Naa Okailey at the Miss Universe 2013
Former Miss Ghana Naa Okailey at the Miss Universe 2013
According to Carranzer, the course required that she did four years in Medical School and two years in Dental School. “I had to meet up to expectation so I challenged myself to do just that. I must however say that my lecturers were very supportive and I am truly grateful to them,” she explained.

Now that she is done, Carranzer says she will do her two-year housemanship and also focus on her foundation, the Naa Okailey Shooter Foundation which provides free medical care for rural communities, “Some of my mates have volunteered to come on board so we will get that going, “ she said.

She had a piece of advice for up and coming beauty queens and other celebrities, “Education is key, you can do anything, sing or anything but you need to get your degree out of the way. If it’s a trade you want to learn, you can go ahead, you should be empowered. Provided you believe in yourself, you can do it,” she said.

Carranzer used the opportunity to thank all those who have been supportive of her as Miss Ghana and Miss World Africa, “I have people on Facebook who send inspirational messages, I read them and I appreciate all of them.”

Source: graphic.com.gh

Advertisement Banner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blogger Widget